What to do...Scco or Osu?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4Eyes2010

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
this is my first time posting... but i've been accepted into osu and scco and can't decide... i've talked with alum from both schools, and looked into the programs which are pretty different from each other but am stuck in the middle. osu seems to be well known with the emphasis on research, but scco i hear has great clinical emphasis. does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

4Eyes2010 said:
this is my first time posting... but i've been accepted into osu and scco and can't decide... i've talked with alum from both schools, and looked into the programs which are pretty different from each other but am stuck in the middle. osu seems to be well known with the emphasis on research, but scco i hear has great clinical emphasis. does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

things you can consider is the cost of attendance and where you want to spend the next four years.

4Eyes2010 said:

I'd go to SCCO. Most people don't go into research, and if even if you plan on doing it now, you might change your mind later. The clinical emphasis sounds much more important. Research schools generally only have teachers who aren't interested in teaching as much as they are getting back to their "more important" work and they'll brush you off.

Members don't see this ad :)
4Eyes2010 said:

Hey,

I am going to be attending SCCO in the fall and I dont know if this is influential on you or not but I was in California last weekend trying to secure an apartment. Just wanted to let you know that housing right now is costing around 1500/month for a two bedroom apartment in the Fullerton/Anaheim area. This is probably pretty important in how you will weigh your costs. Most of the internet sites for the different apartment complexes in the area have cheaper prices listed but that is not the case when you get there. I looked at a whole bunch of places; most are ~1500/month, do not include utilities and most dont have fridges in the units either.

If you have anymore questions then I'll surely help you out :)

I'm on the waitlist at SCCO; only about 3-5 people ahead of me left. Once you make your decision, please update the forum community. Much appreciated.

Thanks for all of the feedback! It's taken me a while to respond b/c I've been out of the country, but I've decided on SCCO after much consideration. Hope things work out for you ericlemonster and hope to be able to see ya there.