What to do..what to do..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happyending2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm asking you guys for an advice.
I'm a junior right now majoring in biology. I heard that we need to apply by june 3rd for 2011 cycle. But I'm not sure whether I should apply this summer because of my low gpa. I was planning on taking DAT this summer and start applying for dental school this june but with the GPA i have, i feel like i will be rejected by many dental school. I have gpa of 2.79 right now. I have 3 more semesters till i grad but im not even sure if i can bring them up to 3.0. I mean i'm gonna try my best to retake some classes during summer so I can bring the gpa at least lil bit and try to do good on my remaining semesters. But i'm left with upper level classes so its not gonna be easy to ace many classes. If i dont apply this june, i need to wait till 2011 june to apply. Is that correct? Do you think I should not worry about applying now and just focus more on raising gpa? Also ive been shadowing for almost one year. Would that help a lil bit on my apps?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm asking you guys for an advice.
I'm a junior right now majoring in biology. I heard that we need to apply by june 3rd for 2011 cycle. But I'm not sure whether I should apply this summer because of my low gpa. I was planning on taking DAT this summer and start applying for dental school this june but with the GPA i have, i feel like i will be rejected by many dental school. I have gpa of 2.79 right now. I have 3 more semesters till i grad but im not even sure if i can bring them up to 3.0. I mean i'm gonna try my best to retake some classes during summer so I can bring the gpa at least lil bit and try to do good on my remaining semesters. But i'm left with upper level classes so its not gonna be easy to ace many classes. If i dont apply this june, i need to wait till 2011 june to apply. Is that correct? Do you think I should not worry about applying now and just focus more on raising gpa? Also ive been shadowing for almost one year. Would that help a lil bit on my apps?

Work on your GPA. 2.79 isn't going to get u into any school... even with a 3.0 will be a huge struggle. A year of shadowing is pretty standard. I believe June 3 is the first day the portal opens this year. You can apply any time from that day on.. til the school's deadline. FOCUS GPA GPA GPA!