what to look for in advanced endoscopy program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Suprep

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
currently a second year fellow, preparing for advanced match next year. can you guys give pointers to what to look up in the respective programs when applying?

My understanding is most programs(except few) require the advanced fellow to do EGD and colon 1 day a week, that will support their salary. My hope is get trained in ERCP, EUS, EMR, BE treatment, luminal stenting and possibly some intro to bariatric endoscopy(optional). Eventually plan to work in semi-academic environment.

Members don't see this ad.

Unless you already have a job lined up, I'd try to get a spot in the general area where you want to practice. All politics is local ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Unless you already have a job lined up, I'd try to get a spot in the general area where you want to practice. All politics is local ;)
Doesn't many advanced positions require a non compete in the area of training??

Members don't see this ad :)
currently a second year fellow, preparing for advanced match next year. can you guys give pointers to what to look up in the respective programs when applying?

My understanding is most programs(except few) require the advanced fellow to do EGD and colon 1 day a week, that will support their salary. My hope is get trained in ERCP, EUS, EMR, BE treatment, luminal stenting and possibly some intro to bariatric endoscopy(optional). Eventually plan to work in semi-academic environment.