What type of research looks more attractive?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Broccoli Industry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between whether to do biophysical research (developing methodology to detect membrane protein regulators) or biomedical research (understanding the processes that occur in the blood stream during cancer metastasis). I am equally interested in both and am wondering whether one type of research looks more appealing on a CV to med school admissions committee?

Members don't see this ad.

The biomed research project would look better to me. However, whichever one you think you will learn and produce the most from is what I would focus on.

I'm trying to decide between whether to do biophysical research (developing methodology to detect membrane protein regulators) or biomedical research (understanding the processes that occur in the blood stream during cancer metastasis). I am equally interested in both and am wondering whether one type of research looks more appealing on a CV to med school admissions committee?

The kind that you can carry out well and see through to completion (preferably, to publication). Brilliant ideas that fizzle are less impressive than solid ideas that result in a peer-reviewed journal article. Find a wildly successful PI, work hard, and take their advice.

Reactions: 1 user