Medical What will happen if I take the MCAT after having a medical school acceptance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Hi all,

I completed an SMP this past year however, I didn't earn a spot in the medical school affiliated with the SMP for that year. Additionally, my MCAT for the school affiliated with SMP expired this cycle so I was planning on retaking the MCAT in hopes of earning admission to that specific school.

While studying for the MCAT I earned an acceptance for a different medical school very early on in this cycle. I am very thankful for the acceptance, but I still want to retake the MCAT because the school I did the SMP at is my top institution for attending medical school.

All that being said, I was wondering if anyone knows if the institution I was accepted at could anyway retract my acceptance for taking the MCAT after being accepted?

Thanks in advance for any insight that you guys might be able to provide!

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

No, they wouldn’t rescind your acceptance because you took the MCAT. Nor would they know, unless you told them.
New MCAT scores automatically populate into most of the proprietary software used in admissions.
The school could see the score if they happened to have a reason to review the application.

Members don't see this ad :)
New MCAT scores automatically populate into most of the proprietary software used in admissions.
The school could see the score if they happened to have a reason to review the application.
I stand corrected :) but I would still be surprised if his acceptance would get rescinded

Unless you totally bomb the exam, I doubt a school will rescind an offer because of a new score. They may notice the change in score is they do a recalculation of all accepted students.

Status
Not open for further replies.