What would u do???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentistry2011

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i wrote to an admissions officer for one of my topchoice schools and they basically told me to retake the dat because i had a low PAT score. at this point i dont know if ic an....due to various reasons....so should i just not apply to the school then??? what would u do if u were me?

also is it safe to say that since i sent my app today, schools will receive it by the 1st/2nd week of october?? anyone apply last year around thsi time???

Members don't see this ad.

I think you would be pretty lucky if they made it to schools by the 1st/2nd week of October. It took almost 3 months for my application to escape AADSAS (sub May 16/ mailed Aug 4th), but I think for most people it has been taking 8 weeks. :(

As for applying to that school...if you have money and time (secondary app?) to burn, it can't hurt, but otherwise your resources might be better spent somewhere else...

i wrote to an admissions officer for one of my topchoice schools and they basically told me to retake the dat because i had a low PAT score. at this point i dont know if ic an....due to various reasons....so should i just not apply to the school then??? what would u do if u were me?

also is it safe to say that since i sent my app today, schools will receive it by the 1st/2nd week of october?? anyone apply last year around thsi time???

how low is your pat score?

Members don't see this ad :)
I e-submitted my application last year on Sept 15th and it was mailed out on Oct 14th. I'm not sure if it will be the same this year since it took AADSAS 3 months to send my hardcopies this time around. But I still managed to get some interviews last year. Hopefully AADSAS has gotten their act together by now so they can send out applications faster. Good luck.

If I were applying this late I would use all in-house applications and bypass addsas alltogether.

And if my top choice asked me to retake, odds are others will as well. Start studying and retake asap.