What's an MD "PC"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neuropower

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed that one of the doctors in my health plan has an MD PC at the end of his name. what kind of a degree is a PC?
i tried to google it but just got stuff about computers!
anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe it stands for "Professional Corporation." You'll see it at the end of names for law firms, medical practices, dental practices, etc.

91Bravo said:
I believe it stands for "Professional Corporation." You'll see it at the end of names for law firms, medical practices, dental practices, etc.

yup. it isn't a degree. done for tax reasons.

Members don't see this ad :)
he is a personal computer besides being an MD

:D

wendywellesley said:
yup. it isn't a degree. done for tax reasons.

No, assuming we are talking about a US doctor, it's actually done for limited liability reasons (he doesn't want to lose his individual personal assets when he gets sued, just the company's and its insurers), not tax reasons. But there are tax effects to incorporating as well, so good and some bad (it's usually done as an "S" corp in the US).

It is a very diplomatic doctor who makes sure not to offend any factions. Unlike Bill Frist, Howard Dean did not have this qualification and thus was a failure.

Shredder said:
It is a very diplomatic doctor who makes sure not to offend any factions. Unlike Bill Frist, Howard Dean did not have this qualification and thus was a failure.

Two things I'd like to point out:
1. You assume that offending people makes one a failure.
2. You imply that Bill Frist is has not offended anyone and therefore is not a failure.

I'd say that both of those are pretty questionable...

Just my $0.02.

AmateurChef said:
Two things I'd like to point out:
1. You assume that offending people makes one a failure.
2. You imply that Bill Frist is has not offended anyone and therefore is not a failure.

I'd say that both of those are pretty questionable...

Just my $0.02.

No, you are the one assuming.. He has merely stated that Dean failed because he offended people.

Ross434 said:
No, you are the one assuming.. He has merely stated that Dean failed because he offended people.

Frist wouldn't deny to George Stephenopolous that HIV is not spread person to person via sweat and tears just to defend the incorrect abstinance only literature. Frist is a f*cking joke of a doctor. He needs to go back to the cave he crawled out of. If I were an HIV positive individual, I would be a hell of a lot more offended by what Frist said than anything Dean could have said to anyone.

oh, i was just joshing, i only know dean did that scream which led to his presidential demise. frist is brilliant, and his brother is nearly a billionaire and also an md.

the scream was after the demise of his canidacy, it was a scream to try and rally support to get back in the race, but he was already long out.

Being brilliant and having a billionaire brother doesn't preclude Frist from being a joke of a doctor.

Oh wait I'm sorry.

Being brilliant and having a billionaire brother doesn't preclude Dr. Senator William Frist, M.D. from being a joke of a doctor.

isn't he cardio-thoracic surgeon, how does a joke of a doctor become that?