What's the best way to study for the OAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JackFruitLover

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

I took the Kaplan OAT online course since there were no classes in Canada + I also found the Princeton MCAT review books really useful and they tend to explain much better than Kaplan.

Also, make sure you do a lot of practice questions cos then you know what you have to work on.

Goodluck studying!

I took the Kaplan online course, and I will recommend that. Take the enough practice test too..like 6, to know where you stand. Then spend good time on your weakest areas.

If you can afford it, then I think you should study really hard from Kaplan MCAT books, class notes, and ExamKrackers Physics books....do practice questions...etc...and take the exam first....there's no need to take the Kaplan course unless you really know that you can't study without someone disciplining you or you're really bad at standardized tests....I would suggest that you take the OATs once after you study hardcore on your own and then if you feel you didn't do too well..then spend $1300 on a Kaplan course.