What's The Ceiling?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AxeJ

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am willing to work as many hours as possible and work anywhere- Dakotas, Nebraska, wherever. What is the salary ceiling?

Members don't see this ad.

I am willing to work as many hours as possible and work anywhere- Dakotas, Nebraska, wherever. What is the salary ceiling?

Don't work for a salary if you are hoping to bust it real hard and sock away some loot. Here's an upper bound for you: ( $300/hr ) X ( 20 hrs/day ) X 365 (day/yr ) = $2.2M per annum. Don't forget Caesar, however.

Don't work for a salary if you are hoping to bust it real hard and sock away some loot. Here's an upper bound for you: ( $300/hr ) X ( 20 hrs/day ) X 365 (day/yr ) = $2.2M per annum. Don't forget Caesar, however.

What does the Caesar part mean? I don't think I could work that long. Maybe 12 hours per day. How possible is that? Are there enough patients to be seen for that amount of hours? Thank you, sir. Have a good one!

Members don't see this ad :)
a little slow on the pick up..... not ceasar milan ha ha

What place offers $300/hour? Locums on the east coast is about $175/hour.

On a similar note, why do CRNA's get paid so much? Isn't their whole point to REDUCE costs? They get paid almost the same as anesthesiologists, without any of the responsibility, or call no? Why does the medical system allow that?

If they get paid the same, why not choose one over the other?

On a similar note, why do CRNA's get paid so much? Isn't their whole point to REDUCE costs? They get paid almost the same as anesthesiologists, without any of the responsibility, or call no? Why does the medical system allow that?

If they get paid the same, why not choose one over the other?

CRNAs don't make as much as anesthesiologists for the most part! Some gigs pay better than others. I'm not sure where you work, but where I work the CRNAs carry malpractice insurance just like I do and take call. The CRNAs are just as responsible as we are, don't ever forget that!