What's the deal with VCOM? Virginia vs. Carolinas vs. Auburn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AORiverContra

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the AACOMAS instructions for 2015 it says for VCOM "Applicants may submit an application to either VCOM but not both." So in AACOMAS I only submitted my primary to the Carolinas. But I'm also interested in the Virginia campus. I got the secondary and it asks me to rank the 3 campuses in order of preference. Do I need to submit my primary to the Virginia campus as well in order to be considered there?

Also, how should I rank the 3 campuses? Considering both quality of education and location.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I so want Auburn for Auburn sports med ties.

I applied to all three and selected Auburn as my top choice on the secondary (AL resident). When I talked to the admissions office, I was told I would only be offered an II at one campus, if offered one at all. I interviewed at Auburn in September.

So if we interview at one campus, and get rejected, we don't have a shot for IIs at the other 2 schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
So if we interview at one campus, and get rejected, we don't have a shot for IIs at the other 2 schools?

might be best to just contact the two you didn't receive rejections from to be sure.

I would like to know more about this too...I applied to all three. That would be a waste of money if I have to choose which school I interview at and can only interview at 1 school....?????

I applied to all three and selected Auburn as my top choice on the secondary (AL resident). When I talked to the admissions office, I was told I would only be offered an II at one campus, if offered one at all. I interviewed at Auburn in September.
So does that mean you can only be accepted at the school you interviewed at.....I guess I'm a little confused. Why apply to all three then, if you can only interview at 1. I applied to all 3 as well.

So does that mean you can only be accepted at the school you interviewed at.....I guess I'm a little confused. Why apply to all three then, if you can only interview at 1. I applied to all 3 as well.

Don't shoot the messenger! That might be why they have only one secondary fee for three campuses. I would recommend calling or emailing admissions at the Virginia campus for clarification. I listed Auburn first on my secondary and that's where they offered me an interview. Haven't heard anything from VC or CC.

Don't shoot the messenger! That might be why they have only one secondary fee for three campuses. I would recommend calling or emailing admissions at the Virginia campus for clarification. I listed Auburn first on my secondary and that's where they offered me an interview. Haven't heard anything from VC or CC.
No.... Thanks for telling me... If I get secondaries I might call them for clarification...

If I'm not mistaken, there is only one secondary app for the three campuses. You rank the campuses in order of preference (1,2,3). You pay the one fee and then it goes to processing.

Their policy is pretty straightforward. You will only get one ii, you will only get one acceptance or rejection. Not a lot of ambiguity there.

Their policy is pretty straightforward. You will only get one ii, you will only get one acceptance or rejection. Not a lot of ambiguity there.
I haven't even gotten a secondary. That's why I was asking. Thanks

I haven't even gotten a secondary. That's why I was asking. Thanks
I am with you on this, I applied in July and still waiting on a secondary. I called the office in Virginia and they are incredibly nice, but I am apparently still under review to receive a secondary