What's wrong with my friend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lymphatic1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

First time in here so maybe im posting this in the wrong part of the forum. (English is my 3rd language)

Anyway...I have this old friend. He is around 30 years old. He is an immigrant from Irak who came to Germany when he was 15. He was around in Irak during some war when he was i kid.

Some facts about him:

He is a big, big liar.
He's a cheater (He have been with like 20 other girls in last 3 years even though he have girlfriend since 5 years back)
He uses her his gf financially (She pay for rent, food etc etc)
He does coke. He gambles. He loves alcohol.
He tells everyone (including his parents) that he is a student at university but he is not.
He is not doing anything productive, he just does nothing.
He always tries to diss EVERYBODY. Everybody is bad, stupid, ugly etc etc.

This is just a few of the things about him...

What would you guys and girls give this guy as a diagnosis? And is there any way to help these kind of people?

Thanks in advance

// Yurio

Members don't see this ad.

First, I'm not a doctor. But my lay opinion is that the biggest problem out of all the ones you mentioned is the drug addiction. In the US it's very hard to force someone to get help if they don't want it—unless they break the law or are at imminent risk of hurting themselves or someone else. It sounds like you're in Germany, so I don't know. Have you told him you're worried about him? There's only so much you can do. You finding a diagnosis for him isn't going to help him.

Thanks fo replying. Yes, im in Germany. Maybe you're right about the drugaddiction but he was like this even before he started to do drugs. I've told him, but you know ...he's like - i have it under control, don't worry.
He will never ever admit that he has any problem at all...To much pride i guess.

This forum does not give medical/psychiatric advice as policy. Sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.