When Do I Apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pearl E. White

D3 at LECOM
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I was wondering which cycle to apply to and if you receive an acceptance does the dental school tell you what year? For example, I'll be taking organic Chem in the spring. That summer (one year from now) will be the summer before my junior year. Do I apply to that cycle and specify anticipated completion of all prerequisites and degree (which would be two years out)? Or do they know just based on my transcript? TIA!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,
I was wondering which cycle to apply to and if you receive an acceptance does the dental school tell you what year? For example, I'll be taking organic Chem in the spring. That summer (one year from now) will be the summer before my junior year. Do I apply to that cycle and specify anticipated completion of all prerequisites and degree (which would be two years out)? Or do they know just based on my transcript? TIA!

You can apply to most schools without an expected degree, but only few people with great stats get accepted without a degree. If you don't have amazing stats, I would just wait til your Junior year to apply.

You can apply to most schools without an expected degree, but only few people with great stats get accepted without a degree. If you don't have amazing stats, I would just wait til your Junior year to apply.

So when you apply its always for the following year? So for example if I were to apply summer of 16 they expect all prerequisites and degrees to be completed before Fall of 17?

Members don't see this ad :)
So when you apply its always for the following year? So for example if I were to apply summer of 16 they expect all prerequisites and degrees to be completed before Fall of 17?

Yes and while degree is not needed, all prereq has to be completed when you matriculate.

Ohhhh okay! Thank you for clearing that up. What would be considered amazing stats for GPA and DAT?