When do schools review apps first time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mochafreak

registered quaffer
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do they review the apps the second they get them from AADSAS or do they wait awhile. I'm trying to figure out when my DAT scores need to get to the schools, to be considered for the first round of interviews. I realize that I can take the DAT at the beginning of June and my scores will probably reach schools around the same time the app does. Right? I'm trying to figure out the latest I can take it and still benefit from a super early app (just in case I'm not comfortable with taking it at the beginning of June).

Members don't see this ad.

They set up meetings regularly and review the applications every so often. They decide who they should interview, who they should keep on hold for later interviews, and the ones to discard.

Then they meet again after interviews and decide who to accept, who to keep on hold, and the ones to discard.

And then eventually they decide who to waitlist and who to send a "thanks but try again" letter.

mochafreak said:
Do they review the apps the second they get them from AADSAS or do they wait awhile. I'm trying to figure out when my DAT scores need to get to the schools, to be considered for the first round of interviews. I realize that I can take the DAT at the beginning of June and my scores will probably reach schools around the same time the app does. Right? I'm trying to figure out the latest I can take it and still benefit from a super early app (just in case I'm not comfortable with taking it at the beginning of June).

It all depends on the school. Some schools, such as Case, start reviewing applications in July while others, such as USC, start much later. Regardless of when a particular school starts it is still important to get your application out early so that it will be near the top of the pile. In regards to your DAT scores, they will take a lot less time to reach the schools than your application, which will take anywhere from four to six weeks (assuming you apply May/June). Thus, if you want to have your scores reach the schools at the same time just schedule your test date that many weeks out from when you submit your application. Best of luck!

Thanks guys, it sounds like I want them to be there by July 1st for sure.