When do we find out if we got in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AmyA7X

SGUSVM c/o 2019
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know the VMCAS deadline was only a few weeks ago, but I just need to know: when do we find out if we got in or not? And when do we start hearing about interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

typically, schools will interview between January and Late-February or March. If you applied to start in the fall, the deadline to pick a school is April 15th.
But, if you're waitlisted at a school, after April 15th is when the school start calling off the list. So you could hear back after the 15th as well. It kinda stinks.

Check each schools' website. All the info should be there. And it varies by school in regards to when you hear, but there is a universal deadline for accepting you spot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Threads from past years for specific schools are another good resource for finding out when you can expect to hear back. Generally it doesn't change much from year to year.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, the snark factor has been way too low with Nyanko busy as a vet, and LIS busy as a 4th year.
Someone needs to carry the torch.

Where's @Dsmoody23 , he could help out!

Hey, I have plenty of snark as well!

I just got sick of all the newer members whining because we are all big meanies. I need to up my snarkiness again.

Reactions: 4 users