When is the right time to apply to an international dentist program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted634258

Dear forum-members,

If these questions have already been answered, then I apologize in advance. I was wondering if it's okay to apply to the international dentist program at several US universities right after completion of dental education abroad, given my diploma arrives on time and such (I'm guessing before June 30th for most programs).

Also, can you take the board exams (both parts) from anywhere in the world or do you need to travel in order to do so?

Finally, I'm a US citizen, are there certain schools that prefer US citizens or permanent residents to international students requiring a visa?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Members don't see this ad.

The path to pursuit a dental education in the USA is a very exciting and challenging journey it starts by setting a goal and a clear plan and it ends in you becoming a part of a dental school and a the community that school serve where you will apply the knowledge and experience you have acquired to be a positive effect on that community as much as you can. There are many Advanced standing programs with different requirements to apply which will force you to start researching each and every one of them after identifying you're plan and setting a structured path towards achieving that clear plan.most of those programs require you to have nbde I before you apply. Passing part one needs a lot of concentration and dedication but i helps if you started with drawing a clear picture of your end goal. . It's true some programs require you to be a citizen or a permanent resident before you can apply. .you can apply to as many programs as you want through CAAPID application but it's really not a matter of increasing your chances and hoping you get lucky for me it's far better to plan carefully and work hard enough on improving your skills to excel in either the bench exams required by some programs or even your clinical performance in those programs that for me is much better because that's the confidence that you need to apply to those programs and you better off applying to one school that you think best fits your plan with that kind of confidence and sharp vision than applying to a whole bunch of programs to increase you're chances. Keep in mind that there are people that help you through this process and would love to see you achieving your goals and dreams. At Duggan institute we offer this guidance we coach you through this and we feel happy and fulfilled when you finally reach your ultimate goal.

Dear forum-members,

If these questions have already been answered, then I apologize in advance. I was wondering if it's okay to apply to the international dentist program at several US universities right after completion of dental education abroad, given my diploma arrives on time and such (I'm guessing before June 30th for most programs).

Also, can you take the board exams (both parts) from anywhere in the world or do you need to travel in order to do so?

Finally, I'm a US citizen, are there certain schools that prefer US citizens or permanent residents to international students requiring a visa?

Thanks in advance for the replies.
You need first to clear the board exams at least NBDE 1, that is only available in US, and consider three to four weeks for the result.
Applying to most of international programs begins in late March or early April every year through CAAPID portal, and ends in early Febreuary next year. However, there are different deadlines to apply for every single school, mostly in July or august. So, it's preferable to apply early as possible because they begin inter

They begin calling for interviews early.

There are some schools that is only for US citizens or permenant residents, like Tufts, UIC Chicago, Oklahoma, Florida, and Virginia.