When should secondary applications be submitted to be considered early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ktruon2

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've already received secondaries...but I'm waiting on a couple of letters of recommendation and trying to get them by this month. If I turn in secondaries by late august or early september would I still be considered early?

Some sort of timeline/timeframe would be very helpful! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

To be early? "Yesterday" always works.

Honestly? Having them all in before the end of august (my plan) seems to be considered early enough.

Just don't procrastinate when you see that the "deadlines" are in October and November.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I guess that early time frame has already passed :(

I would say to be safely "early" would be to have your secondaries submitted before the adcom starts inviting people for interviews. That way you can be considered for interviews from the very beginning.

I would say to be safely "early" would be to have your secondaries submitted before the adcom starts inviting people for interviews. That way you can be considered for interviews from the very beginning.
I agree, although probably even a little before then since it can take weeks for them to process your file. I only just got verified and am starting to send out secondaries. Thankfully though only one of my schools appears to be interviewing already (from the invite thread). But that school has invited a dozen or so people on SDN ALONE so maybe I'm already screwed. Nothing I can do about it.