when to apply, please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aspiringdentit16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am retaking the DAT in mid august. I am improving my scores 18AA and 17TS (with a sad 15 bio). I am very confident on getting all the scores up. I am however uncertain when to apply. I am ready to apply come next week, but do I?

Should I apply and then not submit my dat scores?
should I apply and submit the dat scores, and notify of a retake, then send those new scores in when i get them?
Should I just wait to apply in august when i have taken the dat, and know they will recieve my new scores?

I have heard of all these situations, but I am uncertain the details behind how the dental schools look at applications, how/when they see dat scores. can i still apply but not submit dat scores? if i retake adn wait till then to apply how do i know when to submit application so that my new scores are with the application?

Help is most wanted, and I know there are others who will benefit from this as well.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely apply as soon as possible and then submit DAT scores after your August test date. Although, are you allowed to select which DAT score gets sent off? When I applied to dental school, I believe I sent my applications out in June or July and didn't take my DAT or have all of my rec letters in until late August.

Definitely apply as soon as possible and then submit DAT scores after your August test date. Although, are you allowed to select which DAT score gets sent off? When I applied to dental school, I believe I sent my applications out in June or July and didn't take my DAT or have all of my rec letters in until late August.

i already have a dat score that will be uploaded though, i am nervous they will see it and just deny me straight out before i retake in august. is there way to notify i am retaking? can I submit everything, and get secondaries, and then have them just be waiting on the dat score?

any specifics are awesome, thanks