When to expect DO correspondence?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

armaragon

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Quick question here.

I applied to, and was considered complete, at 8 DO schools right around the end of October. I was wondering when I can start hearing back? I have a 516 MCAT, 3.5 sGPA/cGPA and experience with the osteopathic profession (Shadowed multiple DOs, DO letters, work for a DO). We can assume my hours for clinical/volunteering are high/average.

I know a lot depends on how I wrote and the entirety of my application, but when should I start to panic about lack of interview invites? (have 0 atm).

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Same but 503 MCAT :(

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It's really hard to say when would be a time to "panic," but I would say if you don't receive any interview invites by March, things may not be looking great. However, with your stats, I would imagine you will receive some interview invites.

Reactions: 1 users
It's really hard to say when would be a time to "panic," but I would say if you don't receive any interview invites by March, things may not be looking great. However, with your stats, I would imagine you will receive some interview invites.
That's refreshing to hear. Thank you.

Hi guys,

Quick question here.

I applied to, and was considered complete, at 8 DO schools right around the end of October. I was wondering when I can start hearing back? I have a 516 MCAT, 3.5 sGPA/cGPA and experience with the osteopathic profession (Shadowed multiple DOs, DO letters, work for a DO). We can assume my hours for clinical/volunteering are high/average.

I know a lot depends on how I wrote and the entirety of my application, but when should I start to panic about lack of interview invites? (have 0 atm).

Thank you!
It's a very busy cycle and admissions offices have been hampered by COVID.

Hence, you can get an II tomorrow, or in March.

I thought I would let you know you are not alone with the DO school silence. I finished submitting September and have similar stats (just slightly lower). I have heard nothing from the DO schools I applied to then except 1 DO II from a brand-spanking-not-even-pre-accredited-new school I applied to in November. It's been rather surprising considering I have already received and gone to 2 MD IIs.

I don't know what's up with that because I thought I was much stronger DO material. Time will tell!

Reactions: 2 users
I thought I would let you know you are not alone with the DO school silence. I finished submitting September and have similar stats (just slightly lower). I have heard nothing from the DO schools I applied to then except 1 DO II from a brand-spanking-not-even-pre-accredited-new school I applied to in November. It's been rather surprising considering I have already received and gone to 2 MD IIs.

I don't know what's up with that because I thought I was much stronger DO material. Time will tell!
Hey, thank you so much for your response. That makes me feel slightly better, although an II would be better :p Hope you have continued success in your cycle my dude/dudette!

Same here, 2 MD IIs but silence from DO schools.

• Wow
4.0 sgpa and a 511 mcat with similar DO response as a previous poster. (1DO acceptance to a relatively new school) I figure the high amount of applications is just taking its toll on admissions offices.