When to purchase DAT Bootcamp for my studying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rdub

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be taking the DAT at the end of April, and I plan to begin studying in January. I have started to purchase my materials (Cliffs APBio, Crack the DAT PAT, Chads Videos, etc) and I almost purchased a DAT Bootcamp subscription today because they have a black friday deal. But then I noticed that it only lasts for 90 days!!

My question is: Should I wait to purchase DAT Bootcamp until after I have studied a significant amount, so that I can start taking practice tests with having studied already? Or is it good to start out with DAT Bootcamp? I am not really sure how it works.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I will be taking the DAT at the end of April, and I plan to begin studying in January. I have started to purchase my materials (Cliffs APBio, Crack the DAT PAT, Chads Videos, etc) and I almost purchased a DAT Bootcamp subscription today because they have a black friday deal. But then I noticed that it only lasts for 90 days!!

My question is: Should I wait to purchase DAT Bootcamp until after I have studied a significant amount, so that I can start taking practice tests with having studied already? Or is it good to start out with DAT Bootcamp? I am not really sure how it works.

Thanks!

Hello @russelldw !

Congratulations on getting prepared for the DAT, it certainly is a big step in your road to dental school. I think you have a pretty good set of materials in preparation for the test, but since you said you are not going to start studying until January, I would wait it out. The deal is nice and tempting, but the loss of 30 days in addition to the fact you will probably not use much of it in the beginning (besides PAT) doesn't seem to be the most cost efficient to me. If you were to buy it now, you are at loss for 30 days, and likely another 30 minimum if you are focusing on sciences in the beginning (since most students do not use bootcamp until they are well-versed in the sciences and then use the tests as an indication of how they would do on the test). Since you already purchased Chad's I would start watching some of those videos now (if you have the time) to start building your science foundation and make the most of your money since that is a subscription, too. If you have any other questions feel free to let me know. Good luck!