When to submit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rangoon1984

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know this question has been asked before, but it's been asked from traditional students and I'm not sure if my specific situation is going to change anything. I'm also getting conflicting info and I'd like SDN's thoughts.

I plan on applying next year, but I am doing the pre reqs on the quarter system so our transcripts that have spring grades will not be ready to send until late June 2015.

I am in a post bacc, and if I submit without spring grades I will have all the pre requisties checked off except organic chem 3 and biochemistry. I am finishing those in the spring. I got my undergrad degree back in 2007 so this program is strictly to complete the pre requities.

Would it be better for me to wait and submit with spring grades or submit ASAP and just write an update to schools later once the quarter is over?

Members don't see this ad.

most schools have an additional information section. you can just upload your spring grades there. however if your gpa is low you may want to wait for the grades to boost your gpa.

Members don't see this ad :)
Late June isn't late to apply (particularly if you have your LORs in and secondaries pre-written). If your GPA is on the lower side, it would be even more beneficial to have strong grades from the spring to raise it.

Or yes, you could submit early and update schools later on.

My GPA isn't exceptionally low. I currently have a cGPA of 3.62 and a sGPA of 3.68, and because I have SO many credits (Non trad) it's very hard to move it in the upward direction.