When to take A&P?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

13panda

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I've had all my prereqs done except A&P I and II. I'm set to graduate this fall. However...my university doesn't have A&PI open until the fall. That means I would have to apply this summer without taking any A&P.
My question is:
1) Should I take A&P at a community college where it is available all semesters?
2) Would that have an affect on how the schools view this credit?
3) If I do wait to take A&P in the fall and spring sequence at my university would that also affect my application.

Trying to figure out the cost and benefit.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Ehh well I know a few people who took their science pre-reqs at community colleges (e.g. chemistry, A&P) and they still were accepted to DPT programs. So I don't think it makes a difference where you take it.

nah it shouldnt make a difference...I got accepted into some good schools and took a lot of my pre-reqs at community colleges.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took anatomy, physiology, and two semesters of physics at a community college and was accepted. I think it's better to apply with more prereqs completed with some at a CC rather than more prereqs in progress at a university

Thank you! I will probably end up taking the CC route but I'm going to email some of my top schools to make sure they will accept them.

Makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. As long as you do well in it and your application is strong.

unless the school you're applying to specifically says no community college prereqs (i.e. Marquette), then you should be fine. Most of mine were actually at CC's.