when to take diagnostics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

suckermc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey,

ive been avoiding sdn but i wanted your imput.

i've been studying but havent gotten thru all of the things i need to. at my pace i should be done reviewing by end of january/begining of feb.

would that be too late to start taking diags? in my experience, just taking them w/o going thru everyhting first won't be indicitive of much. or am i wrong, and should i start taking them now? i dont want to run out by april.

how are you guys going at it?

also, what is more indicitive of your real score for those who took it? i heard aamcas but my old score was no where near my last aamcas. tpr or kaplin?

thanks
m.c

Members don't see this ad.

I'd recommend giving one a shot as soon as possible just to give you a really good idea of your strengths and weaknesses, as well as to get in as much practice as possible in putting it all together. It can't hurt, anyway. I know that one of the libraries at my schools has a handful of old mcat exams on reserve.. you might check your library to see if you can get ahold of one :)