Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

When to take step 3

Discussion in 'Step III' started by 14022, 06.19.05.

1. 14022

14022 Unregistered Abuser

SDN 5+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I have a question about step 3. When are you eligible to take it? Everyone says it is the easiest step (in terms of preparation time) and that people take it in residency. I have also heard that step 3 covers all areas of medicine, although each person's residency is obviously limited to their specialty or patient demographic. Also, I think that to be able to moonlight, you need to have passed step 3. So my question is, can you take it while in medical school and get over with? Say you take step 2 early and then use a month or two to study a step 3 review book, would it be feasible or even possible to take it in your fourth year of med school?
  2. Benzo4every1

Benzo4every1 Wine Ho

Attending Physician
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    one of the medicine intern at my hospital already took his. My friend is a 2nd year OB resident or I guess I should say 3rd year OB resident now is planning to take hers.

Not sure what the time frame is but it seems most people take it 2nd year or so

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal