Where did all of the real Pods go?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thelost1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where did the education go?

Members don't see this ad.

What is your background lost1? Are you a previous pod turned DO? :confused:

Maybe he's one of the disgruntled pods who left and is no longer in the medical profession. I dunno, but he sure sounds bitter to me. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
in my orthotics you will...

No thanks bud, I got my own and they feel REAL FINE... actually, they're just schaffer plates but my Rx from the pod was supposed to be for functionals. I went to the lab that my insurance covers and I got what I got. :laugh:

Good luck to you in whatever you do.

those orthoses feel great with the minimal thickness

I'm sure they do, perhaps they would do better in casual dress shoes. I need some for my cross trainers since I teach aerobics 4 days per week...I was thinking more along the lines of polypropylene since they are very strong yet have more flexibility than graphite and polyethylene.

I really don't have the money to spend on those right now and I think they'd need to make a few modifications as I also have minor gastroc-soleal equinus and a flexible flatfoot that has been rather asymptomatic as of late. Sometimes my plantar fasciitis presents on one foot for a week while the other is pain free and vice versa.

Any suggestions as to where I can get some functionals for cheaper prices than $300?

If I knew that I'd tell you right now

Sorry

I know podiatry students can get them free through the prolab program. Well it is actually ten bucks to cover the shipping. I don't know if they would let you do it as a DO student, but it is worth a shot. Inquire with someone from the podiatric faculty or biomechanics department at your school and they may be able to help you out. :D