General Admissions & OTCAS Where do we post our observation/shadowing hours on OTCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gOT2beOT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I am looking to post my observation/shadowing hours on OTCAS. Does this go under Experiences as a Volunteer experience?

Also, I have worked in many healthcare settings in administration. Do these experiences go under Experiences as Employment or Healthcare Experience?

Thank you for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!
I am looking to post my observation/shadowing hours on OTCAS. Does this go under Experiences as a Volunteer experience?

Also, I have worked in many healthcare settings in administration. Do these experiences go under Experiences as Employment or Healthcare Experience?

Thank you for any help!
Hi! Under supporting information, there is a separate section called observation hours. This is where you can enter your shadowing.

As far as your administration experience, I think I’d provably put it under employment, and then use the description section to describe how it related to healthcare/OT (if that makes sense haha)

I think it will be fine either way though! All the experiences still stay under the same place and they’ll still (hopefully) read every thing you put under that section regardless. :) I put my experience as an exercise physiologist under employment and question whether I should have put it under healthcare experience, but I already submitted so I can’t edit now haha. I think it’ll be okay.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi! Under supporting information, there is a separate section called observation hours. This is where you can enter your shadowing.

As far as your administration experience, I think I’d provably put it under employment, and then use the description section to describe how it related to healthcare/OT (if that makes sense haha)

I think it will be fine either way though! All the experiences still stay under the same place and they’ll still (hopefully) read every thing you put under that section regardless. :) I put my experience as an exercise physiologist under employment and question whether I should have put it under healthcare experience, but I already submitted so I can’t edit now haha. I think it’ll be okay.
You're right, for some reason I thought it had to be put somewhere else! Thank you so much! And I'm sure its fine either way! Your title will tell!