Where should i apply???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pntibbi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im asking for some advice on which schools I should apply to this upcoming cycle?

GPA- 3.427
sGPA~ 3.2xx (hoping to bring this up this semester)
My GPA wasn't actually that great but for the past year and a half I got a 4.0, with some upper level sciences.
MCAT- hoping for at the least over 30, in a kaplan course now
Neuroscience University of Michigan, graduating this summer.
One semester abroad at the University of Hawaii
Some research lab work 6months- I ran a mice colony for a woman and we did genotyping and PCR. She moved to a different school so I had to quit.
Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program for one year
I was in a sorority for 2 years, was the house executive board member, in charge of finances.
American Red Cross club- general member 2 years, mostly did blood drive services.
Various other clubs here or there, I was in an Indian American cultural show and did Alternative Spring Break.
I have been working a steady job since I was 15 years old. Throughout college. For two years I was a student coordinator at the local dining hall and I worked about 30 hours a week.
Now I am currently volunteering at the ronald mcdonald house.
I'm taking a gap year this upcoming year, hopefully I will be working in a lab and doing more volunteer work in a hospital.
Lastly, Im from a really really rural area, so I believe that counts as a disadvantaged background and underserved area. I think that experience will be a part of my personal statement.

If you have any ideas of schools that you think would be a good fit for me, please let me know! Ive done some research but mostly along the lines of GPA and MCAT scores. Not really for other criteria.

Members don't see this ad.

You're not comeptetive for MD programs, except with a rocking MCAT, you might have luck with the lowest of the low-tier schools.

Hi everyone,

Im asking for some advice on which schools I should apply to this upcoming cycle?

GPA- 3.427
sGPA~ 3.2xx (hoping to bring this up this semester)
My GPA wasn't actually that great but for the past year and a half I got a 4.0, with some upper level sciences.
MCAT- hoping for at the least over 30, in a kaplan course now
Neuroscience University of Michigan, graduating this summer.
One semester abroad at the University of Hawaii
Some research lab work 6months- I ran a mice colony for a woman and we did genotyping and PCR. She moved to a different school so I had to quit.
Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program for one year
I was in a sorority for 2 years, was the house executive board member, in charge of finances.
American Red Cross club- general member 2 years, mostly did blood drive services.
Various other clubs here or there, I was in an Indian American cultural show and did Alternative Spring Break.
I have been working a steady job since I was 15 years old. Throughout college. For two years I was a student coordinator at the local dining hall and I worked about 30 hours a week.
Now I am currently volunteering at the ronald mcdonald house.
I'm taking a gap year this upcoming year, hopefully I will be working in a lab and doing more volunteer work in a hospital.
Lastly, Im from a really really rural area, so I believe that counts as a disadvantaged background and underserved area. I think that experience will be a part of my personal statement.

If you have any ideas of schools that you think would be a good fit for me, please let me know! Ive done some research but mostly along the lines of GPA and MCAT scores. Not really for other criteria.