Where to Apply?! I'm so lost :/

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loganas2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm ONLY interested in DO schools, and here are my stats:
cGPA: 3.29
sGPA: 3.2
MCAT: 26 (PS-7, VR-10, BS-9)
>2000 volunteer hrs
>1000 patient contact hours as a Medical Assistant
I know my academics suck but my extracurriculars and leadership experience are crazy awesome, and I interview like a boss. I'm also a Hispanic female if that makes any difference.
All I want is to go somewhere with a friendly/cooperative atmosphere that's not in middle of nowhere. Any suggestions? I could really use your help. Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your extracurriculars will not make up for your academics, especially that 7. Retake the MCAT, especially if you aren't a URM. Unless you score significantly higher, you are probably looking at DO schools. Depending on your definition of "nowhere," you may have to make some concessions.

Members don't see this ad :)
With your numbers, your chances of MD acceptance are ~20%. So you will likely have to retake MCAT. Even if you are URM, your chances are low.

The problem is that you will be screened at many MD schools with that 7 in PS, and such a low GPA.

With your numbers, your chances of MD acceptance are ~20%. So you will likely have to retake MCAT. Even if you are URM, your chances are low.

The problem is that you will be screened at many MD schools with that 7 in PS, and such a low GPA.

The chances drop down to 10-11% if OP is white.

Focus on DO schools and make a plan for increasing that MCAT score.