Where to sit USMLE step 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rajshah

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have passed steps 1, 2CK, and 2CS. I am wondering where it would be best to sit step 3.
I currently am not in a residency program and have not worked in the United States. I would like to sit step 3 in the next 3 months.

I shall be grateful for the advice

Yours Sincerely

Raj

P.S. Someone has said the conneticut board would be more appropriate for myself.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I have passed steps 1, 2CK, and 2CS. I am wondering where it would be best to sit step 3.
I currently am not in a residency program and have not worked in the United States. I would like to sit step 3 in the next 3 months.

I shall be grateful for the advice

Yours Sincerely

Raj

P.S. Someone has said the Connecticut board would be more appropriate for myself.

There are several states that do not require prior residency training. Check the fsmb website (www.fsmb.org) for which those states are. The actual location where you will take the test does not matter. You can take it wherever you are located. Only which state will sponsor you matters. Hope this helps.