Where to take biochemistry in SoCal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabdoctor_g

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
With the new MCAT being biochem heavy, I need to take this course.

I'm a post grad trying to pursue the DO route so I'm not sure if this makes a difference in where I take this class. I'm finishing my prereqs at a community college but they don't offer a biochemistry course.

I looked into UCLA extension but I don't think I have all the prereqs to take that class.

Are there any other place or online courses that I can take that doesn't have a preqs to take it? I'm stressing out because of this course cause I really want to apply next year and I don't want to miss any deadlines with registration.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm from SoCal and have yet seen a CC that offer biochemistry, if you find one please let me know lol it would save a load of money.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pomona/San Dimas area, I can only take classes from 5pm to later. So I guess the closer the better.

Check with Mt. SAC, Cal Poly Pomona, Cal State Fullerton, Pasadena City College.

Check with Mt. SAC, Cal Poly Pomona, Cal State Fullerton, Pasadena City College.

Cal Poly Pomona and Cal State Fullerton are local universities. Mt. SAC and PCC doesn't offer biochemistry since they are only community college. I have also heard my Chemistry professor saying that it is recommended to take upper division biochemistry class in order to better prepare for the MCAT, is this true?

You should hahah. On a serious note, it's lame that Pierce College is almost 2 hours from where I live lol.

I have checked all CCs within a 30 miles radius and they don't seem to offer biochemistry beside Mt.Sac which offer Intro to Organic and Biochem.

Cant be too cheap on this one

Last edited:
You should hahah. On a serious note, it's lame that Pierce College is almost 2 hours from where I live lol.
It's lame that they didn't take into account in 1947 when they were founding the school where you might be living 68 years later?