Where to take premedical courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

binnieb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a recent college grad. I majored in the humanities. However, I've taken most of the premed courses.

Should I enroll in a post-bac premedical program or take the courses independently?

I'm relocating to Boston.

UM-Boston, Northeastern, BU, and Harvard all offer premedical courses. (Do any others?) I know UM-Boston and Harvard have post-baccalaureate programs.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these schools?

Should I take the courses at a state (UM-Boston) or private institution?

Any advice would be very helpful!

B.

Members don't see this ad.

I've already done a search on SDN! :)

More advice would be appreciated!!!

Thanks,

B.

BinnieB,
I had a similar situation when taking my prereqs. I ended up taking them not in a formal post-bacc, and at the university that offered the hardest courses.....which did wonders for my MCAT prep. I don't have any experience w/ the boston schools, but unless you need to do specific GPA repair work, i don't see any reason to do a formal post bacc.

Hope this helps!

I think this depends on the individual. The post bac seems to have more guidance and structure as opposed to the on your own path. The biggest thing is to make sure your classes, post bac or not, are taken at a 4 year university. I would personally prefer to go somewhere with some type of a name. Some post-bacs have their classes cheaper than undergrad for their students. (I.E. Penn charges half price to postbacs as opposed to undergrads). As for your area, I have no idea about those schools. Good Luck!!