Where's my recruiter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeminoleFan3

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called up the recruiter's office in my city today, and asked the guy if he was the one to talk to about the HPSP, and he didn't know what in the world I was talking about. When I explained, he still didn't know. When I asked if he knew someone I could talk to, he said he didn't.
So, what does one do in this situation? I'm very interested in doing the Navy's scholarship program, but I'm not sure what to do now because the guy in town apparently lives under a rock.

Members don't see this ad.

I called up the recruiter's office in my city today, and asked the guy if he was the one to talk to about the HPSP, and he didn't know what in the world I was talking about. When I explained, he still didn't know. When I asked if he knew someone I could talk to, he said he didn't.
So, what does one do in this situation? I'm very interested in doing the Navy's scholarship program, but I'm not sure what to do now because the guy in town apparently lives under a rock.

I'm guessing you got in touch with the non-medical recruiter. I know that the Air Force and Navy (not sure about the Army) have entirely separate recruiters for their medical stuff. I would get on the Navy's website, run a search on health careers and get the national number. Someone there will get you in touch with the local medical recruiter. That's how I did it at least...

Members don't see this ad :)
in Navy HPSP, prior Navy, had exact same problem. You have to track down an officer recruiter office. Two options. 1. Call back recruitment center and ask for the number for the officer recruiter office. If they say they don't have it, asked to be put on hold while they go solicit the information that should be available in that office. 2. Go to Navy.com, go to officers, scroll through stuff, select healthcare, scroll through stuff, select physician, click get more info, fill out and submit, and wait by the phone. Given as the Navy's numbers are down, have been down, I think they'll get in touch with you.

consider it fate

I found my old recruiter, and considered sending him a snarky email, but I'm no longer actively looking for him to deliver a piece of my mind.

I'm not really a person who holds a lot of bitterness, or carries a grudge; I find it takes too much mental energy to maintain that white-hot hatred.

Fortunately, as I continue in my civilian practice, the painful memories are fading.

your recruiter is in Hell right now getting his refresher training.

I found my old recruiter, and considered sending him a snarky email, but I'm no longer actively looking for him to deliver a piece of my mind.

I'm not really a person who holds a lot of bitterness, or carries a grudge; I find it takes too much mental energy to maintain that white-hot hatred.

Fortunately, as I continue in my civilian practice, the painful memories are fading.

I googled mine, found that he is still recruiting schmucks into the medical programs.