which are best residency schools?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LiveLife

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey every one....please tell me based on data and/or your experience which schools have the best medical residency programs in united states.
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Generally, the more prestigious the school, the more prestigous the residencies. There are also many prestigous residencies that are not affiliated with a school.

Also, why are you worrying about this quit posting on SDN and study for the MCAT. You need to raise your score a bunch.

LiveLife said:
hey every one....please tell me based on data and/or your experience which schools have the best medical residency programs in united states.
thanks!

I agree with BrettBachelor here -- get your credentials up to snuff and before you start to worry about residencies. It appears you also posted a thread asking what the best carribean schools are, so I seriously doubt you will be in contention for the best US residencies anyhow (but stranger things have happened). I also would note that in addition to a school's prestige, what residency is "best" may depend on your desired specialty - some places are reknown in a particular area more than others.

Members don't see this ad :)
i know guys, thanks for the advice, i am studying ...LOL... I was just wondering. you know, I am a hardworking student who wants to do well, yet I try to learn about the possiblities. I am doing my best in regards with mcat, hope to become a doctor some day...thanks!

Bachelor and Lawdoc, you guys are on one today...lol.

LiveLife said:
i know guys, thanks for the advice, i am studying ...LOL... I was just wondering. you know, I am a hardworking student who wants to do well, yet I try to learn about the possiblities. I am doing my best in regards with mcat, hope to become a doctor some day...thanks!

That's cool. Just take it one step at a time -- get in someplace, then pick a specialty you like, and then see what kind of residencies you can get. If you do get into multiple schools and the choice is in your hands, then you can start worrying about things like match lists.