Which Chain or HMO Pays more for Pharmacy Intern and Pharmacists in Los Angeles?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmD 2008

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which Chain or HMO Pays more for Pharmacy Intern and Pharmacists in Los Angeles?

Members don't see this ad.

It seems like a lot of people looked at this post, but no answer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Piggly Wiggly's don't have pharmacies, at least in my area.

They're opening a Wegmans down the street from me. :thumbup:
The place is a machine. My IPPE is there, we do 8-900rx/day, 4 pharmacists, 8 techs. As nice as it is to have all of that help, I can't help but get a "too many cooks in the kitchen" feeling at times. People tend to take things you were working on, fill things you were already filling, answer your prescriber call backs after you left the message. Also interesting is that they work 8 hour shifts (with 30 minute lunch). Not sure if I could see myself as a pharmacist there, although I guess I'm adapting to their process.

The rest of the store is great, though. It's pretty much the only place I shop, although having a store every 2 miles kind of lends itself to that.

wegmans is the best

in school, i used to get my groceries from there, lunch/dinner from there, and used to study there too somedays

the good ol times

i here they are a good company to work for and have a low pharmacist turnover rate

I miss Wegmans back in the east ;o

The moment you walk to Wegmans you know you have to go back again.. idk >_> something weird about the place it brings people in

They are really selective about who they are hiring too (this was 3 years ago). They always have 2 pharmacists working and tons of help.

I miss Wegmans back in the east ;o

The moment you walk to Wegmans you know you have to go back again.. idk >_> something weird about the place it brings people in

They are really selective about who they are hiring too (this was 3 years ago). They always have 2 pharmacists working and tons of help.

when i talked to wegmans, they werent hiring outside people as they barely had spots for interns

their turnover is really low