which derm text to read while doing prelim year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medInUSA

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

what derm texts should one read while doing the prelim internship year??

thank you

Members don't see this ad.

As I was always working on recouping from call, I never had realistic time for this. However, if you do happen to have time then maybe try going through Andrew's. It's a nice read, as I have found now that I am reading it. It's also relatively short compared to monsters like Bolognia and Rook's.

Little Fitz. Realistically it's the only one you can read during intern year...if you have enough time to read a textbook, you're not working hard enough. :D I found Fitz a fun read, and it has great photos. Very high yield.

Members don't see this ad :)
Little Fitz. Realistically it's the only one you can read during intern year...if you have enough time to read a textbook, you're not working hard enough. :D I found Fitz a fun read, and it has great photos. Very high yield.

little fitz? is it this?

Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas and Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology

by klaus wolff???

thank you

So, you didn't work hard enough? :p

Hah!

Well, if you count "staring at the pictures" = "reading the textbook!" :D

medInUSA, yes it is the book by Wolff, Johnson, and Suurmond. I'm still using it now. It's a lot easier to absorb than big textbooks, at least initially.

Hah!

Well, if you count "staring at the pictures" = "reading the textbook!" :D

medInUSA, yes it is the book by Wolff, Johnson, and Suurmond. I'm still using it now. It's a lot easier to absorb than big textbooks, at least initially.

What I meant was, "Your intern year wasn't hard enough already?" :)

fitz's color atlas @ $65 used from amazon.. ouch!!! but my intern yr isnt going too bad so far... lol

o_O

This is ouch!

40% off Border coupon is not so ouch. Still ouch though...

OMG:eek::laugh:

searched on amazon, and the latest 6th ed. is actually $51 new. i can't wait til i start reading:D