Which DO schools have matched the most EM residents in recent years?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimballkjr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Rank by percentage of class size if possible

Members don't see this ad.

Your school has no correlation to the specialty in which you match. This is especially true at DO schools.

This doesn't answer your questions, but I would look at schools that have rotations at Trauma 1/2 centers or are in major metropolitan areas... CCOM, TouroCOM, NYIT, Rowan, etc.

You know what I meant haha. Anyway, can anyone who has analyzed match lists respond.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, all I am sure about is the MSUCOM has the highest residency match rates for all of it's students. over 95%. This is because we have 2/3 of the DO residency hospitals in the country. I can't tell you for EM specifically, I apologize, but in general this is one of the best.

It depends on too many factors not directly related to the school (namely student goals). I don't have a list, but I don't believe it would provide much useful information either. I'm not sure if such a list has been compiled, but you can check the match lists for various schools (there aren't that many DO schools) and compile your own list.

It depends on too many factors not directly related to the school (namely student goals). I don't have a list, but I don't believe it would provide much useful information either. I'm not sure if such a list has been compiled, but you can check the match lists for various schools (there aren't that many DO schools) and compile your own list.

Agreed. I'm not sure that the data you are requesting will give you the information you may be seeking. There are too many factors on why with one particular school with one particular class, many people may or may not apply and then match to a particular specialty.

Thanks.

Wook

OP, you can easily look this stuff up yourself.

OP, you can easily look this stuff up yourself.

no, someone else needs to research and find the match lists of every single DO school. Go down the lists and find out how many EM matches there were per school. And then report back to OP. Pre-meds are very very busy people, and can't be bothered to do this sort of research on their own.

This is all beside the fact that its a stupid question, as the school you go to doesn't affect whether youre going to match EM or not

Reactions: 1 users
It seems like EM has become very popular in the premed world these days... It is because of the salary/hour or its popularity on TV?

It seems like EM has become very popular in the premed world these days... It is because of the salary/hour or its popularity on TV?

I think most people, med students and pre-meds alike who haven't been in the ED, find EM appealing because of the pay vis-a-vis the relatively short residency, the lifestyle, and the variety. EM is tough, and I don't think a good portion of medical population are suited for it. It can be ultra stressful, and it can also be ultra boring. Everyday is different. Some days the doctors feel like heroes, and some days they go home to cry.

I've been in ems for years. The reason I think there can be a correlation between school and likelihood to match EM is due to precedence for auditions...

I've been in ems for years. The reason I think there can be a correlation between school and likelihood to match EM is due to precedence for auditions...

You are mis-informed. The school has no bearing on who matches into what. It all depends on the group of students who are attending for any given year and the desires of the individual what type of residency they want to apply to. Some years the student body may be EM heavy, some years not. As far as audition rotations, again, that is up to the individual student to determine where they would like to apply to residency and schedule a rotation at that facility to be seen. NO SCHOOL MATCH LIST will indicate future residency placement.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You are mis-informed. The school has no bearing on who matches into what. It all depends on the group of students who are attending for any given year and the desires of the individual what type of residency they want to apply to. Some years the study body may be EM heavy, some years not. As far as audition rotations, again, that is up to the individual student to determine where they would like to apply to residency and schedule a rotation at that facility to be seen. NO SCHOOL MATCH LIST will indicate future residency placement.

Agreed.