Which LECOM rotation sites are of the "13" variety?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kerosene Hat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
LECOM has this list (http://lecom.edu/college-medicine.p...ts-Go-for-Clinical-Rotations/49/2205/612/2399) of where students have rotated, but it does not list which are of the "13" type (stay in one place for all). In addition, it seems to be missing some newer sites (i.e. San Diego). Does anyone know where I can find a complete list of "13" type rotation sites?

* I am posting here instead of in the school-specific forums as this question pertains to Erie, Seton Hill, and Bradenton alike.

Members don't see this ad.

this is what we got last year. it seems to change a little bit each year though, so don't depend on it for planning.

Allegheny Health Network 2 Students 3rd
Arnot Ogden, Elmira, NY(20 Alpha must be in Grps #1, 2, 5, 6 & 12) 4 Students 3rd & 4th
Butler Health System 6 students/yr (Must be grps 1,3,5,7,9 &/or 12) 3rd
Clarion Hospital, Clarion, PA (w/o Peds – Mandatory @ MCH) 1 Student 3rd & 4th
Conemaugh Mem., Johnstown, PA (w/o OB/G– Mandatory @ UPMC Bedford) 6 Student/yr(Must be grps 1,3,5,7,9 &/or 12) 3rd & 4th
East Liverpool, East Liverpool, OH 1 Student 3rd & 4th
*Geisinger-Community MC, Scranton, PA (OB/G Mandatory @ Arnot) 10 Student/yr. 3rd & 4th > DROPPED !
Guthrie/Rbt. Packer, Sayer, PA (Psy & OB/G Mandatory @ Arnot) 3 Student/yr. (Must be grps 1,3,5,7,9 &/or 12) 3rd
Indiana Regional MC, Indiana, PA 1 Student 3rd & 4th
Meadville MC, Meadville, PA (w/o Peds– Mandatory @ UPMC Hamot) 1 Student 3rd
Memorial Hospital, York, PA (w/o Peds- -@ Good Sams & Psy– Mandatory @ MCH) 10 Student/yr. 3rd & 4th
Millcreek Community, Erie, PA (19 Alpha must be in Grps #1, 2, 5, 6 & 12) 4 Students 3rd & 4th
Niagara Falls MMC, Niagara Falls, NY 1 Student 3rd & 4th
Our Lady of Lourdes MH, Binghampton, NY 6 students/yr (Must be grps 1,3,5,7,9 &/or 12) 3rd
Pinnacle Health CG, Harrisburg, PA (w/o Psy– Mandatory @ MCH) 1 Student 3rd & 4th
Saint Vincent HC, Erie, PA 1 Student 3rd & 4th
Samaritan MC, Watertown, NY 6 students/yr (Must be grps 1,3,5,7,9 &/or 12) 3rd
San Diego Regional, San Diego, CA (3.0+GPA) 1 Student 3rd & 4th
Sisters of Charity, Buffalo, NY (w/o Peds-@United MMC & Psy– Mandatory @ MCH) 1 Student 3rd & 4th
St. Elizabeth Health Center, Youngstown, OH (w/o Psy– Mandatory @ MCH) 1 Student 3rd & 4th
St. John’s Episcopal H, Far Rockaway, NY 2 Students 3rd & 4th
St. John’s Riverside, Yonkers, NY(w/o Peds-@Good Sams & OB/G-@ Good Sams) 1 Student 3rd & 4th
UHS-Wilson RMC, Johnson City, NY (w/o OB/G– Mandatory @ Arnot) 4 Student/yr (Must be grps 1,3,5,7,9 &/or 12) 3rd
Uniontown Hospital, Uniontown, PA (w/o Psy– Mandatory @ MCH) 1 Student 3rd & 4th
United Memorial MC, Batavia, NY 1 Student 3rd& 4th
UHS-Cleveland RMC, OH, East –Richmond MC/Bedford MC/Conneaut MC/
Geneva MC/ Geauga MC 1 Student 3rd & 4th
UHS-Cleveland RMC, OH, West –Elyria MC/Parma MC 1 Student 3rd & 4th
UPMC Horizon, Farrell, PA 4 Student/yr (Must be grps 1,3,5,7,9 &/or 12) 3rd
WCA Hospital, Jamestown, NY 4 student/yr (Must be grps 1,3,5,7,9 &/or 12) 3rd & 4th

Reactions: 1 user
If I've understood correctly, all of our sites are "13s" now. You do all of your core rotations there. You can do your family medicine rotation anywhere as long as its with a DO, and you can do your electives pretty much anywhere. (This is true for Seton Hill and Erie. I don't know how Bradenton organizes their clinical sites.)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
St. John's Episcopal in NY I will tell you is like Nazi war zone where they house psych patients for students and residents to practice on. The patients are there for months and months.

Johnstown, PA and Conemaugh is one of THE BEST hospitals I have ever rotated at. Learned a lot and they are very organized.
Millcreek in Erie can be both good and bad depending on what rotation. I was with Dr. John so expect 5am rounding and lots of pimping, etc.
St. Vincent, Erie has a great FM and ER rotation. Good anesthesia rotation. I was not happy with their general surgery group and actually left that rotation after a week.

I see that Hamot, Erie is no longer on the list. Be happy about that. One of THE WORST rotations I have every had.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
From what I understand in Bradenton we aren't allowed to set up our own rotations anymore and have to do all of our 3rd year rotations at one site or one area.

Since there seems to be a lot of LECOMers here...can anyone recommend a good 3rd year neuro rotation?

To clarify some of this list, whenever it says # students/yr, that's total spots, but when it says just a #, that means that number of students per rotation slot. For example, 2 after Allegheny Health (i.e. Forbes Hospital) means 2 × 13 (number of rotation slots a year) = 26 total spots for students. I also think Aria Health also had 2 spots for students this year.

The list changes every year, but usually only by 2 or 3 sites. The Allegheny/Forbes spots are also set to increase to 52 (from 2 to 4 spots per rotation) next year as it was just added as a main core site.

Since there seems to be a lot of LECOMers here...can anyone recommend a good 3rd year neuro rotation?

AGH, but it's competitive to get (apply ahead of time) and you have to write a personal statement about why you're interested in Neuro.

Last edited:
To clarify some of this list, whenever it says # students/yr, that's total spots, but when it says just a #, that means that number of students per rotation slot. For example, 2 after Allegheny Health (i.e. Forbes Hospital) means 2 × 13 (number of rotation slots a year) = 26 total spots for students. I also think Aria Health also had 2 spots for students this year.

The list changes every year, but usually only by 2 or 3 sites. The Allegheny/Forbes spots are also set to increase to 52 (from 2 to 4 spots per rotation) next year as it was just added as a main core site.

AGH, but it's competitive to get (apply ahead of time) and you have to write a personal statement about why you're interested in Neuro.

It will increase to 52 becasuse 3rd years and 4th years will both there, there will still only be 2 students/time slot

I'm also trying to set up a rotation at Hamot, since they have a residency and it's not TOO far from my core rotation site in Jamestown, NY.

Hey hallowmann, So for San Diego, they're only taking one MS3 and one MS4? Therefore a total of 2 spots per year?

Hey hallowmann, So for San Diego, they're only taking one MS3 and one MS4? Therefore a total of 2 spots per year?

I'm not sure where you're reading that, but generally if it says a number, that's the number per timeslot. So for my class (of 2018), there were actually 13 spots available for San Diego - 9 went to Erie and 4 went to Seton Hill. There are a few rotation sites who accept fewer students than 1+/timeslot, and then the list says "x per year", like Chillicothe and UPMC Horizon off the top of my head.

You sure about that? We were told it would become 4/rotation/yr, not that I'd really rely on any info we were given about clinicals. Its all "subject to change".

That's the same info I have for AGH-- 2/rotation/year for your class, 3 for mine and 4 for class of 2019. I chatted with someone from Forbes a few weeks ago who had the same intel.

Edited: grammar

Last edited:
I'm not sure where you're reading that, but generally if it says a number, that's the number per timeslot. So for my class (of 2018), there were actually 13 spots available for San Diego - 9 went to Erie and 4 went to Seton Hill. There are a few rotation sites who accept less students than 1+/timeslot, and then the list says "x per year", like Chillicothe and UPMC Horizon off the top of my head.

Thanks ortnakas! My mind was all the way in Pluto when I read what hallowmann wrote.