Which one is better temple or kent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fighiter14

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got accepted to Temple and Kent state. I have a 5000 scholarship for temple and 2500 for kent. Which one is a better to attend academically, resident placement, and how many patients you see in clinicals? Also which one is cheaper tuition wise as well as cost of living?

Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat as you... and I ultimately ended up choosing temple because of the number of patients you get to see. In the interview day one of the students said on average as a 3rd year you can see 4/5 patients a day sometimes even up to 8/9. the resident lists for both the schools are online to compare. It seemed that at temple, from my interpretation, a good number of students end up at Penn Presbyterian which is part of the UPENN hospital system. based on what the dean discussed at the interview, the closeness to these hospital systems gives temple grads an advantage for residency placement because of the network they are part of. there are a lot of threads on here that compare the two schools and both seem great schools. it mostly depends on what you want. hope this helped! congrats on your acceptances.

Reactions: 1 user
Where are you finding out where people match? I can't find Kent's anywhere on their website

Members don't see this ad :)
it was in the booklet that came with the acceptance letter

Which did you feel more comfortable in when visiting? If you can't tell I agree in that temple ,you get more clinic exposure. But I think it just goes back to where you see yourself for 4 years.

I agree that temple with the clinic you see more patients but i have talked to kent state and they say when in the downtown clinic you will see an average of five patients. I wondering about the cost of living after the first year in temple dorms. Temple i believe is better in term of clinics. I like kent state more because the campus is bigger and more improved but idk for education purpose who is better. I was reading that kent state has the largest class size that the alumni network is better and can help you get jobs in the end better.

I agree that temple with the clinic you see more patients but i have talked to kent state and they say when in the downtown clinic you will see an average of five patients. I wondering about the cost of living after the first year in temple dorms. Temple i believe is better in term of clinics. I like kent state more because the campus is bigger and more improved but idk for education purpose who is better. I was reading that kent state has the largest class size that the alumni network is better and can help you get jobs in the end better.

Really any dorm linked to school is much more expensive then finding a place on your own. But if you base is on education than I would just base it off most recent states, placement rates or boards, at the end this is what matters most.