Which pre-reqs to start with. Going to cc vs 4 year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emhwang

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I just graduated from undergrad majoring in Sociology in May 2018. I'm really late to the game, since I decided on pursuing dentistry second semester of my senior year of undergrad. My overall GPA is 3.5.

I'm deciding on taking all my pre-dent pre-reqs at a community college, but I heard that that's frowned upon. I'm also wondering which pre-req classes I should take together in the semester. I want to finish all my pre-reqs within a year and a half, but without stressing myself out too much.

Should I try taking my courses at a 4 year university through an extension program, or just try to get straight A's at a CC????

Please help !!! I am so lost.

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools only accept a certain amount of credit hours from a CC, meaning you won't be able to do everything there. I would check with the schools you want to apply to what their criteria is. Orgo 1/2, Chem 1/2, Bio you'll definitely want to take at a 4 year university.

Good luck!

Semester 1: bio 1 w/lab chem 1 w/lab
Semester 2: bio 2 w/lab chem 2 w/lab
Summer 1: organic 1 w/lab
Summer 2: start studying for DAT
Semester 3: organic 2 w/lab physics 1 w/lab

Doing that at least you could apply after a year and a half. Then you could finish up physics 2 biochem and whatever specific course the schools you’re applying to require. That’s probably the most balanced schedule