which programs offer to pay for hotels?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glasshouse

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
wondering if we could start a list

Members don't see this ad.

University of Cincinnati
University of Iowa

In general (from my experience), the less costly the city, the more likely a program will pay for your hotel.

Members don't see this ad :)
university of utah, pay for hotel, and transportation

wondering if we could start a list
Albany, U of Rochester, Mayo Clinic, and (I think) Case Western (...actually, I think that one was hugely discounted) were a few I went to that paid.

Mayo Arizona
University of Nevada-Reno

University of Florida-Gainesville
University of Kentucky
St. Vincent's Hospital
Medical College of Georgia
Baylor
East Tennessee State
University of Tennessee

The University of Oklahoma, Tulsa COM pays for hotel. Very nice Doubletree a mile and a quarter from the OU Tulsa campus. They pay the bill, but they started making interviewees leave a credit card number because they got tired of getting stuck for no-shows in late January. I think no-show/no-call should be a match violation. It's incredible to me that anyone could be that rude, and that careless about burning bridges you might need someday - as long as you cancel a few days beforehand, nobody minds.

The University of Oklahoma, Tulsa COM pays for hotel. Very nice Doubletree a mile and a quarter from the OU Tulsa campus. They pay the bill, but they started making interviewees leave a credit card number because they got tired of getting stuck for no-shows in late January. I think no-show/no-call should be a match violation. It's incredible to me that anyone could be that rude, and that careless about burning bridges you might need someday - as long as you cancel a few days beforehand, nobody minds.

This issue has been on my mind. That when programs are kind enough to provide accomodations, then how do they work it out for no show/late cancellations. I think the credit card idea is fair (as long as things remain secure).

Texas A&M Scott and White
University of Mississippi
University of Arkansas
UTMB-Galveston
UT-Memphis
University of South Alabama

i hope this is just out of curiosity!! don't let it influence you in any way...! :)

Cleveland Clinic OH offers a 50$ reimbursement for stay at the in-campus Intercontinental:)