Which residencies provide good MSK training?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MavFab

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a 3rd year medical student and very interested in PM&R, especially MSK. I have heard on this forum that Mayo provides particularly good training in this area. Are there any other residencies that pride themselves on their MSK training? On another note, what constitutes good training in MSK? I know at Mayo you get to work a lot with US to really learn the anatomy and accurately diagnose. Do they also provide a lot of outpt MSK clinic or other training that prepares you well to diagnose and treat MSK complaints? I am trying to come up with a list of residencies to apply to and appreciate the information!

Members don't see this ad.

Mayo, NYP-Cornell/Columbia, Mt. Sinai
All of these programs have leaders in the field and are excellent training sites with emphasis on MSK and Ultrasound

Mayo, NYP-Cornell/Columbia, Mt. Sinai
All of these programs have leaders in the field and are excellent training sites with emphasis on MSK and Ultrasound

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if anyone had any more information on this topic?

Reactions: 1 user
Every program is constantly evolving.

You want to learn from someone good, but you also want to be able to actually do instead of just watch.

Unfortunately, the only way to really know is to interview at a particular program.

Georgetown/NRH seemed to have a pretty strong MSK/US curriculum