Which schools have no subsection cutoff? Low Orgo Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentistani

Reaction score
Though I haven't taken the DAT yet, I have to in two weeks. I have low orgo scores and am not sure how much title increase by then. What schools have no cutoff or minimum requirements for subsection scores? Threads here seem to be outdated regarding this topic.

Members don't see this ad.

Though I haven't taken the DAT yet, I have to in two weeks. I have low orgo scores and am not sure how much title increase by then. What schools have no cutoff or minimum requirements for subsection scores? Threads here seem to be outdated regarding this topic.
Most schools give you this information online under they “Apply here” pages. I would suggest looking at schools that interest you and see which ones meet this expectation and make a spread sheet. With 2 more weeks you can definitely work on your ochem if you study effectively. Memorize reactants and key reactions and it should help but obviously there’s more to know. But you still have time

Reactions: 1 users
Most schools give you this information online under they “Apply here” pages. I would suggest looking at schools that interest you and see which ones meet this expectation and make a spread sheet. With 2 more weeks you can definitely work on your ochem if you study effectively. Memorize reactants and key reactions and it should help but obviously there’s more to know. But you still have time
i would suggest OP think positively and not psych themselves out or spend time researching schools with low cutoffs...

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i would suggest OP think positively and not psych themselves out or spend time researching schools with low cutoffs...
Agreed, should have stated that as well. I was sorta in a similar mindset bc I was scoring very low on practice exams. Highest was a 19AA. But kept grinding and working my butt off. come exam day I felt the test was easier than any practice exam, and well, I ended up doing a lot better.

You got this OP

Reactions: 1 user
Review the techniques for naming, hybridization, and common reactions. You can still do better than you expect.

Review the techniques for naming, hybridization, and common reactions. You can still do better than you expect.
I appreciate that. Ittl be this Thursday. Thankfully I took an Orgo test today and it’s the highest it’s ever been!:) but it carefully teeters on the cutoff whereas everything else is 20-26. I do tend to psyche myself out but yea I’m still scared of Orgo. Will be putting in work for it until Thursday though!

Reactions: 1 users
I appreciate that. Ittl be this Thursday. Thankfully I took an Orgo test today and it’s the highest it’s ever been!:) but it carefully teeters on the cutoff whereas everything else is 20-26. I do tend to psyche myself out but yea I’m still scared of Orgo. Will be putting in work for it until Thursday though!

Agreed, should have stated that as well. I was sorta in a similar mindset bc I was scoring very low on practice exams. Highest was a 19AA. But kept grinding and working my butt off. come exam day I felt the test was easier than any practice exam, and well, I ended up doing a lot better.

You got this OP

"Cut offs" gives adcoms a catchall for rejecting applicants, but historically, the evidence suggests that even when stated, they are often ignored.

Reactions: 1 user