Which schools have the largest incoming first year class size?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ikarium

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know LMU, VCOM, and KYCOM have pretty large class sizes while UMDNJ/RSOM has a relatively small number of seats for incoming freshman. What are some more schools with large freshman class sizes / lots of freshman seats available?

Members don't see this ad.

I know LMU, VCOM, and KYCOM have pretty large class sizes while UMDNJ/RSOM has a relatively small number of seats for incoming freshman. What are some more schools with large freshman class sizes / lots of freshman seats available?

AZCOM. 250 seats/class

LECOM had 343 grads last year. MSU had 294, NYCOM has 284 and PCOM-Philly had 271. Some of these grads are dual degree people, like DO, MBA, DO, MPH, and so on, but I think the number of dual grads probably is equal to the number of drop outs, so the these numbers are probably pretty similar to the original class size. You can see the other schools listed here https://www.natmatch.com/aoairp/stats/2013sklstats.html

I think the lecom number is Lecom-erie plus Lecom-steaton hill, or at least I hope it is.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't NYCOM like 375?

Closer to 275-300 that graduate (e.g. 286 graduated in 2012).

OP since your question is in order of entering class, here is the data for the 10 largest entering classes of 2012-2013:

1. LECOM - 384 (Erie and Seton Hill - all pathways)
2. VCOM - 348 (Virginia and Carolinas campuses)
3. Western - 334 (COMP and COMP-NW)
4. NYCOM - 328
5. MSU-COM - 321 (all campuses)
6. PCOM - 277
7. KCUMB - 259
8. AZCOM - 256
9. NSU-COM - 254
10. TCOM - 239

Now for both Western and VCOM, you have to declare a campus preference when you apply, and then you are pooled into a different set of apps, so really you are applying for less seats then their starting class. If we remove those exceptions, the 10 largest entering classes are:

1. LECOM - 384 (Erie and Seton Hill - all pathways)
2. NYCOM - 328
3. MSU-COM - 321 (all campuses)
4. PCOM - 277
5. KCUMB - 259
6. AZCOM - 256
7. NSU-COM - 254
8. TCOM - 239
9. LMU-DCOM - 234
10. DMU - 224

Last edited:
Did PNWU expand this year's class size? If not, they're capped off at like 75.