Which sections of the old MCAT FL is safe to use for practice for new MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radioactive15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
my friend has the 9 old AAmC FL that she bought from AaMC and said I could use them to study.

Which sections from the old MCAT are helpful to study for the new one with? I'm thinking the verbal section should be good practice for cars and maybe also the bio section.

Does anyone know if the physical sciences section is also good practice for the new MCAt physical section? (Without the centripetal acc, momentum questions)

Members don't see this ad.

I don't see why not. As long as you are doing relevant passages...it's good practice. Verbal should be the same...Biological sciences and Physical sciences are similar +/- a few topics. Biochemistry is a huge loss tho...but I would still do passages for Bio, Physics, and Verbal as those should be about the same. You'll be missing out on Biochem, Psych, and Soc...but practice is practice.

All are helpful, MCAT content and way its written has not deviated much. They just added more to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user