Which Textbooks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Commando303

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which textbooks are required in optometry school? (Titles, authors, etc.)

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

It is entirely dependent on what school you attend.

You can probably bank on buying an Atlas of some sort (Anatomy).

Achirum, which school do you attend? May I ask which atlas (anatomy) book you're using (title, author)?

Fonziefonz, would you mind posting the titles and authors of the two books? Also, which college did you attend?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Other than the second book that achrium posted, I haven't used a single book and it's not worth buying them until you KNOW that you have to. The library at the school you go to will probably carry any necessary textbooks. In general, I don't think it's a good idea to buy any books that aren't specifically optometry related.

Are you just trying to get an idea of how much text books will cost, or are you trying to actually purchase these books?

just curious, besides the head and neck, what other type of anatomy do you need to learn in optometry school?

We did the chest and up. So everything from Lungs, Heart, Ribs etc all around that region and up to the neck and head.

You just need to be familiar with the head. such as eyes, ears, noses and brain.