white coat ceremonies

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I thought the white coat ceremony was a giant waste of time. We did get free food, which made it a little tolerable, but other than that I thought it was a bunch of bs.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I would agree that it's not something one would choose a school over (whether or not they have a white coat ceremony), but for the curious applicants, and more especially, those who have pride in what they do, it's a nice event for the college to put on.

i think this should only be done after you graduated. you need to prove you deserve it. passing a few competancy trials or just showing up to class doesnt put you any where close.

but if there was free food, i say we have it every year!

That's so sweet. I agree. And good luck to you this year, it will be my first year also.

Hey, thanks for the response.. glad you agree. By the way... i'll be a 2nd year this year... it's confusing because we aren't considered a 2nd year until the fall but i've already been through a year of classes. Just wanted to clarify.. good luck to you too! :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
IAUPR has a nice WC ceremony. Held in a private hall at a local fancy restaurant. Nice party with live music.

Held in the begining of 3rd year right before starting clinic. You get a nice embroidered WC for free & family get a chance to see you dressed up like an OD for the 1st time. All payed for by sponsors

Moms cry and get all proud and everyone ends up partying all night afterwards.

I'm starting SUNY and they told us we are having a white coat ceremony. I don't know if this is an alteration to previous years or this forum has it incorrect but either way it does happen now. Just wanted to put that out there :)