Who was at Hopkins on Sept 23?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Indryd

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, I not too creepy, just want to see if anyone I know from here was there and none of us knew it or whatever.

REPRESENT!

Members don't see this ad.

I was. I was the one from Michigan.

I interviewed on 9/22, but was wondering if you could help me out remembering the name of my student interviewer so I can send her a thank you note. Do any of you remember meeting a 4th year student interviewer named Kimberly? Was she from Pennsylvania? Thanks a lot! Also, are you sending thank you's to your student interviewer?

Members don't see this ad :)
i jsut sent a thank you letter to the faculty interviewer.

wowzer said:
i jsut sent a thank you letter to the faculty interviewer.

ok, so you don't think it'll hurt us at all not to send one to the student interviewer?

JennyL867 said:
I interviewed on 9/22, but was wondering if you could help me out remembering the name of my student interviewer so I can send her a thank you note. Do any of you remember meeting a 4th year student interviewer named Kimberly? Was she from Pennsylvania? Thanks a lot! Also, are you sending thank you's to your student interviewer?
Just call the damn school and ask them who it was! ;) Jesh, you couldn't have picked a more painful way to determine this girl's name.

SuperTrooper said:
Just call the damn school and ask them who it was! ;) Jesh, you couldn't have picked a more painful way to determine this girl's name.

I actually called the school already, but they told me they couldn't find out who interviewed me since the students choose who they are going to interview on their own the day of the interview. She could only give me the names of everyone there, and I'm not sure which one she is.

lol damn highjackers...

Kevinz...can't...remember...what do you look like...

btw I was the damn dirty hippie (long hair, beard, fat...guess maybe I look more like comic book guy) Oregonian/ grew up in the Salinas Valley guy who f00kin came in 30 minutes late gar!

How'd it go for you?

JennyL867 said:
...but they told me they couldn't find out who interviewed me since the students choose who they are going to interview on their own the day of the interview.
That smells like a bullsh*t answer to me. Ultimately, they will know who interviewed you.

My advice: call again, this time be more hostile and threatening. :)

Indryd said:
lol damn highjackers...

Kevinz...can't...remember...what do you look like...

btw I was the damn dirty hippie (long hair, beard, fat...guess maybe I look more like comic book guy) Oregonian/ grew up in the Salinas Valley guy who f00kin came in 30 minutes late gar!

How'd it go for you?

Ha ha. Yeah, I remember. Oregon State.

I think I was the only Asian male there, so that should be a decent description. I think it went well. Both my interviewers were incredibly nice, which made things very laid back. I hope we hear back closer to Oct 15th than early November.

How'd it go for you?

To those who said they only wrote to faculty interviewer: The biggest piece of advice I received on interview day was that the students' opinion of you will make or break you (this was coming from a faculty adcom member) and that if a student adcom member has a negative opinion of you, that's it. The 4th year interviewers are full members of the admissions committee. Somebody looking through your file and seeing a thank-you to the faculty member but not to the student might think you did not take the student seriously, and that could be bad.

or maybe it wouldn't matter at all. But I did value that piece of advice and so I encourage those of you not sure who your student was to keep trying...it could pay off

KevinZ said:
Ha ha. Yeah, I remember. Oregon State.

I think I was the only Asian male there, so that should be a decent description. I think it went well. Both my interviewers were incredibly nice, which made things very laid back. I hope we hear back closer to Oct 15th than early November.

How'd it go for you?
Oh yeah, that is an apt description heh.

Man my interviews were f00kin awesome. I had so much fun in the little group sessions, I don't want to post too much for fear one of them reads this, but I made 5+ connections all with people who straight up said "call/email me WHEN you get in" (not if!), and my faculty interview turned from interview to recruitment in like 5 minutes. My questions from her: tell me about your daughter, tell me about your wife, tell me about disc golf. She was awesome and had so much good advice about having a family in medschool and in Baltimore in particular.

JHU jumped straight to the top of my list after going there. Such cool, brilliant and interesting people!

PS I remember talking to you now...I don't know what led us to speaking, but I remember you telling me you were from Mich.

Damn guys, I sat and talked with the African-American guy from Harvard who was working on a PhD in public health with an emphasis on black men and HIV infection for the longest time, it was great. I could type out almost the entire conversation. I remember everything about him...except his name!!! and where I put the business card he gave me!!!

Step up!

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Stillins: not sure which guy you mean because I missed that part of the day :oops: the only name I have on my list that I don't know exactly who it is is "James Disney"...? maybe? hrmm? hope that helps...btw, I have a list of us interviewees...who are you? Maybe just name your school and a basic description of yourself?

:)

For those writing thank-you letters, are you addressing them to the address of the individual interviewer or just to the Admissions Committee?

I never got the addresses of my interviewers, so I'll just send them to the admissions committee i guess, and hope that they reach the right person

*Bump* double-up *bump* *bump*

wheretf my peoples?