Whole Foods Pharmacy (via Amazon)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pronounce Doxazosin

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Rumors of Amazon going into the brick and mortar pharmacy business by placing pharmacies in Whole Foods locations

This is causing the stocks of big 3 retail pharmacies to crash

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Always seemed like a logical next step to me if they actually were serious about trying to get in to the pharmacy business

The Simpsons GIF

Members don't see this ad :)
"We think Amazon's roll-out of pharmacies will initially be focused on locations located in Whole Foods stores, similar to the Target and Walmart model," Hynes said.

Did he or she forget that TARGET couldn't make and had to sell to CVS? lol
Didn't Walmart close a bunch of stores and convert them to NP offices or something?

"We think Amazon's roll-out of pharmacies will initially be focused on locations located in Whole Foods stores, similar to the Target and Walmart model," Hynes said.

Did he or she forget that TARGET couldn't make and had to sell to CVS? lol
Didn't Walmart close a bunch of stores and convert them to NP offices or something?
I know Walmart has had issues that led to staff organizational changes, but I don’t think there has been any significant number of closures.

Working at an Amazon mail order would probably suck. Working at Whole Foods would kick ass. I'll buy me an electric car. They got a free charger at the one near my house.

Application instasent when this comes out.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Isn't this rumor like 4 years old? Will the pills be organic?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Amazon to retail is what cvs is to pharmacy. Terrible reputation as an employer.

Rumors of Amazon going into the brick and mortar pharmacy business by placing pharmacies in Whole Foods locations

This is causing the stocks of big 3 retail pharmacies to crash
I have been checking the amazon.jobs website but all the pharmD jobs seem to be in WA and AZ. So hopefully I can work for Bezos once they start opening up new pharmacies in Wholefoods.

Said no one ever. Awful company to work for, possibly worse than CVS.
But I mean it's bigger than CVS so probably better job security? IDK . It would probably be more "hip" than working for CVS and imagine how good their pharmacy software would be!

But I mean it's bigger than CVS so probably better job security? IDK . It would probably be more "hip" than working for CVS and imagine how good their pharmacy software would be!

Just Google the work conditions at Amazon...

Said no one ever. Awful company to work for, possibly worse than CVS.
I've had a few techs who also work at a local warehouse and do deliveries. They actually do say they love it.

I've had a few techs who also work at a local warehouse and do deliveries. They actually do say they love it.
In my city, I have heard they pay very well and when Amazon was doing interviews for labor jobs at the new warehouse the line was out the door. My city is economically depressed though.