Why derm? Why not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sore eye asses

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I get asked "why derm" one more time I'm going to repsond with the following:

"I want to be a dermatologist because I have always felt i would one day become stranded in the desert with no food and water. after wandering for several days i will likely be attacked by numerous vultures and several rattlesnakes working in conjunction to kill human trespassers. this band of animals will be known as "claw and tooth: the protectors of arid environments." Well, if i am a dermatologist i will be able to deftly rip the skins from these marauding desert creatures and then suck their carcasses for nutrients. i will then be found by search and rescue, and i will take the vulture and snake bones and create a shrine in my derm office commemorating my triumph over nature. Then the AAD will call me and ask if I would like to become president because i understand three types of skin: human, snake, and bird. I will say thanks, but no thanks. Your move to make me your president is clearly a ploy to get me to share my hidden arts of animal mastery, and that I share with no one. Good day sir"

Members don't see this ad.

Why not indeed! :)

After all, you will be taking care of the largest organ of the human body, the organ that acts to protect all others from harm. Did you know that skin gets its own special automatic order set when one is admitted to a hospital? It's true! It's the order set having to do with ulcers...

Without their skin, those snakes and vultures will definitely have issues!

If I get asked "why derm" one more time I'm going to repsond with the following:

"I want to be a dermatologist because I have always felt i would one day become stranded in the desert with no food and water. after wandering for several days i will likely be attacked by numerous vultures and several rattlesnakes working in conjunction to kill human trespassers. this band of animals will be known as "claw and tooth: the protectors of arid environments." Well, if i am a dermatologist i will be able to deftly rip the skins from these marauding desert creatures and then suck their carcasses for nutrients. i will then be found by search and rescue, and i will take the vulture and snake bones and create a shrine in my derm office commemorating my triumph over nature. Then the AAD will call me and ask if I would like to become president because i understand three types of skin: human, snake, and bird. I will say thanks, but no thanks. Your move to make me your president is clearly a ploy to get me to share my hidden arts of animal mastery, and that I share with no one. Good day sir"

This story totally reminded me of this website: www.realultimatepower.net. Just replace "ninja" with "dermatologist" and you could write for the site!