Why do I like to be disliked?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Misterioso

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas I thought I'd post this here being you guys are psychs and all and I'd like to get your opinions on it.

Why do I like to be disliked? I can't figure it out myself. For some reason I enjoy having a rep as an unapproachable arrogant jerk. This isn't something new either. Back in high school and undergrad I was like this too. It's to the point that people don't even bother asking me a question or for help. I can't say it's a bad thing either because it's kept me from doing a bunch of scutwork. I don't go out of my way to do it. But if someone is bugging me I don't hesitate to be a complete a$$hole to them when most other med students just take it with a smile. And the thing is I get a sense of satisfaction when I realize people are intentionally avoiding me because they don't want to deal with me. Like if a resident pimps a group of students he rarely asks me. Because they know if we disagree on the answer I won't back down and will keep arguing my point. If he/she is wrong I have no problem straight up telling him or her "You're wrong because..." when other med students wouldn't argue it for whatever reason.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.