Why does everything have to be "pseudo"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

urge

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Messed up groin after cath? Some idiot writes "possible pseudo aneurysm".

Messed up heart after an MI? "Pseudo aneurysm"...

Messed up hand after a line? "Pseudo aneurysm"...

Messed up aorta on CT? "Pseudo aneurysm"...

Why can't anything just be a straight forward aneurysm? Everything has to be "pseudo".

Do people know what pseudo even means?

Do they realize they look like pseudo intellectuals with all their "pseudos"?

Members don't see this ad.

can't get a decent trans thoracic echo on a fat COPDer in ICU ...

I think you (and some of the jokers you cite) needed to spend some time reading. An aneurysm is a thing. A pseudoaneurysm is a different thing. Their treatments are different (though there is some treatment overlap). Their causes are different. Pseudoaneurysms are frequently iatrogenic. Aneurysms are not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pseudoseizure is what really gets me. It's not even a "different thing." It's nothing at all.

Pseudoprolapse of mitral leaflet is another one.

I think you (and some of the jokers you cite) needed to spend some time reading. An aneurysm is a thing. A pseudoaneurysm is a different thing. Their treatments are different (though there is some treatment overlap). Their causes are different. Pseudoaneurysms are frequently iatrogenic. Aneurysms are not.

I had in mind just good old hematomas when I wrote the thread. You can bet your first born that possible pesudoaneurysm will be on the note.

There is something about the pseudo part that attracts these pseudointellectuals.

I'm actually starting to think that pseudo is code for "I have no clue".

Last edited:
Now follow you. Calling a bruise a possible pseudoaneurysm is just stupid, but I concede it happens all too much.

Patient admitted for pseudoarrythmias due to pseudofluid retention secondary to pseudohypernatremia caused by eating to many pseudopotato chips while in a state of pseudokidney failure.

This is fun!

You use the terms enough, it all becomes like grade 2 diastolic dysfunction.

I have heard the song, but I had no idea these guys were called Pseudo Echo. :)

Who calls a hematoma or a bruise a pseudoaneurysm?

Really?

These definitions are pretty clear.

:yeahright:...?